We offer conferences, lectures, workshops or participation in educational fairs for schools, goverment or private agencies, social entities, general public, among others.
For a request or to coordinate visits to the office of the Puerto Rico Seismic Network, please follow these steps or fill out this form:
1. Make a letter with the following information:
- Name of the entity, school or institution
- Number of people (school - add educative level)
- Three alternatives dates (mandatory)
- Hour (time available)
- Applicant Information
2. Send it via:
- Fax: (787) 265-1684
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Postal Address:
Puerto Rico Seismic Network
Department of Geology UPRM
Call Box 9000 Mayagüez PR, 00681- 9000
- Free of charge for government agencies and nonprofit entities.
- Private entities must process a payment of $50.00 per hour, including the time of transportation.
Schedule and Procedure
- We offer conferences in the Seismic Network, Tuesdays and Thursdays 10:30am to 12:30pm and Saturdays from 10:00am to 12:00pm - with previous appointment.
- Any group without a sent letter will be received. Request of information by phone will not be considered as official until we receive the letter.
- To offer conferences outside our installations, a minimum quorum of 25 persons is required (this doesn’t applied to agencies that pay for the service).
- In the case of schools, we will offer conferences only for teachers, personal and/or parents. To directly attend the students, all of the school should gather at once, with a maximum of 2 conferences per day.
- Exceptional cases must be consulted with anticipation and will be subject to resource availability.